Start a Spray Tan Business
Learn how to start your own airbrush spray tanning business! Or grow your mobile spray tan business into something bigger.
Confused about where to begin?
How to get your spray tan business started
I am guessing you did a Google search for “How to start a spray tan business”
And you walked away overwhelmed, confused and unsure of who to trust and what to purchase.
Most of the web sites out there seem to be spray tan distributors and there is no clear path to figure out if what they are selling is the best spray tan solution or quality spray tan equipment.
How are you supposed to know who to work with?
You need a friend in the sunless tanning industry you can ask for advice and direction.
That is me.
Want to see how it’s done?
FREE SPRAY TAN BUSINESS RESOURCES:
- How to decide what spray tan equipment to buy
- My professional spray tan equipment reviews that I use in my shop
- The complete guide to buying a spray tan tent. Pros and cons to choosing a tent as well as how to care for it.
- Find the right business tools for whatever stage your spray tan business is at. I have personally used every tool on this list to help run my spray tan business. Spray tan business resources,
- Directory of spray tan courses and trainings.
- My spray tan business webpage Why its the most important part of my business and why you need one too.
- My exclusive spray tan essentials FB group. Join with other sunless tanning professionals as we all assist each other in growing our businesses.
How you can do it better
A shorter path to a profitable spray tan business
It’s safe to say there is a ton of spray tan business information locked inside my noggin.
During the past 17 years I have developed systems for evaluating whether a new piece of equipment comes on board, or if a new spray tan solution or retail product is the right fit for my business.
I am contacted weekly by sunless sales reps wanting me to use their supply house or try the latest “BEST” solution that just hit the market. Trying new products could take up my whole day if I let it.
So I developed a clear cut path for myself to work through all the clutter and find the sunless gems that are out there.
I am offering my experience to you to help shorten your path to a profitable spray tan business.
Since I am also busy running my own busy spray tan studio I thought it might be easier for both of us if I got all the info online for y’all in one convenient spot.
Bookmark this page as this is the spot where all the spray tan business knowhow lives here at SunSpray.
There is a ton here already to get you started and I will be adding to this little treasure trove of spray tan business tips as I have breaks in between tans.
Let me help you
Commonly asked spray tan business questions:
- What do I need to start a spray tan business? From equipment to solution, what’s the best, what works.
- Setup: Mobile, Retail or Salon How to Choose
- Business Registration and Spray Tan Licensing
- Product Reviews: I try it and tell you what I think, is it orange, does it suck or is it lovely?
- Marketing: On-line and off, how to find your clients
- Branding: what it is, how to use it and what tools I use to create it
- Website: A successful spray tan business owner needs a high-quality website that is page #1 of Google so you can “get found” in your town,
- Sales: how to establish your pricing, retail product options and preferred vendors
Why I love my job
4 reasons I love my spray tan business
This is a great business to get into. I have been spraying for 17 years now and love the life that it has allowed me to have.
- Scheduling my work around my family
- Having a great group of co-workers at my studio
- Enjoying my clients who are the BEST!!!
- My new favorite is being able to travel with my business for location events. You may have seen some of my work on the models over at Blue Layne Boutique in NC
Truly this has been a fun “job” to have and really never feels like work.
If you are considering opening your own spray tan business, or you are ready to take your business to the next level then I hope you find all this info helpful.
Have questions? Hop on over to my private Facebook group and let me know how I can help you. This is a vendor free group so there will be no pressure to purchase any specific brand of equipment or spray tan solution. Only helpful and supportive advice.
If you are a spray tan equipment or solution VENDOR feel free to contact me here if you would like to be included in the vendor directory.
Keep in mind that all this info is from the perspective of a busy spray tan business owner, the in the trenches down and dirty of everyday life in the spray room.